Published on April 12th, 2017 | by Ruben0
Lustau single casks for Vila Viniteca
Vila Viniteca, one of the leading wine retailers in Spain with shops in Barcelona in Madrid, have just announced the release of six exclusive Lustau single casks. In 2002-2004 they already presented single cask bottlings selected from the Lustau warehouses (check my review of the Moscatel Single Cask) and now, 15 years later, they are doing the same on a wider scale.
The wines have been bottled in March 2017 and are now available online. The selection looks cracking:
- Lustau Single Cask Fino del Puerto, from the bodega El Drago. One butt from a parcel of eight that were located in the most humid part of the bodega. Only 480 bottles – around € 25.
- Lustau Single Cask Fino de Jerez, one tonel (a bigger cask) from the second criadera of the solera Jarana in the bodega Las Cruces. A barrel which had been taken out to age statically. Only 480 bottles – around € 25.
- Lustau Single Cask Oloroso del Tonel, one tonel from five that were located in the Bodega La Emperatriz and that hasn’t been bottled since 2004. Since then every three years the cask had been topped with old wine from the solera Emperatriz Eugenia. Only 480 bottles – around € 30.
- Lustau Single Cask Moscatel las Cruces, one of three butts that were taken out of the solera Moscatel Emilín. No bottlings since 2004. Only 504 bottles – around € 60.
- Lustau Single Cask Pedro Ximénez, one of six butts from the bodega La Duquesa, the base of the Lustau PX VORS wine. Only 480 bottles – around € 60.
- Lustau Single Cask Tintilla de Rota, produced with Tintilla grapes from the vineyard Las Cruces. Bottled from the only tonel that has been ageing statically since 2001. Only 204 bottles – around € 100.
A stunning selection, each apparently from exceptional casks, and great to see so many history and details about the wines!
All bottles (50 cl) can be ordered from Vila Viniteca.